If you already have an administrative CPR number / a tax number, or have previously had a CPR number you must book an appointment to show up in person at Citizen Service (Borgerservice) to register your address and entry to Denmark.

You must bring the following documents: 

  • Residence permit (non-EU/EEA-citizens)
  • EU residence document (EU/EEA-citizens). The date for when your EU residence document was issued must not be more than six months ago. 
  • Proof of your social security number from your home country (Nordic Citizens)
  • Passport or national ID with photo (must include your place of birth)
  • Proof of your address in Denmark e.g. a rental contract
  • Marriage certificate, if you are married - even if your partner is not accompanying you
  • Divorce certificate, if you are divorced
  • Death certificate, if you are a widow(er)
  • Birth certificate for any accompanying child under 18
  • Documents concerning legal custody, if you are not married to your child's other parent.
  • The entry form below (fill in the form before appearing at Citizen Service)

Your documents must be in Danish, English or German.