The Danish healthcare system
This is the official website for international citizens living in Denmark. You will find healthcare information about e.g.:
- The Danish healthcare system
- Medical treatment
- Health insurance
- Nursing homes and elder care
- Patients' rights
Sundhed.dk is run by the five regions in Denmark who is in charge of the Danish healthcare sector. Information on sundhed.dk is in Danish.
You will find information about e.g.:
- Pregnancy, birth and maternity leave
- The free choice of hospital and waiting time for treatment
- Complaining about a treatment in the Danish healthcare sector
- The Patient's handbook (Patienthåndbogen) which is a digital lexicon containing updated and valid information about symptoms and diseases and how they are treated in Denmark.
- Medicine - information about different types of medicine, about purchasing medicine in Denmark, subsidies when purchasing medicine, and side effects.
- Your Covid19 test result