Health visiting in Schools
The school nurse sees all school children from 0-9th grade.
The School nurses promote health and wellbeing to all school children from 0-9th grade.
School nurses play an important role in providing education on health and sexual understanding. Health promotion can be delivered individually or in groups.
You will be able to find your school nurse contact information here (in Danish)
Your child's visits to the school nurse
- 0. grade: Pre-school consultation focusing on the well-being of your child. Measurement of height and weight. Vision and hearing screening. Important that one or both parents participate.
- 1st grade: Measurement of height and weight. Lessons in hygiene, nutrition, physical activities, rest and sleep.
- 3rd grade: The pupil will be measured and weighed. Group conversations about the pupils’ wellbeing, such as illness, divorce, alcohol issues in the family and friendships at school.
- 4.-5th grade: Lessons in puberty, healthy living, wellbeing and how to prevent bullying.
- 6th grade: Individual consultation. Measurement of height and weight. Vision and hearing screening.
- 8th grade: Puberty education.
- 9th grade: End of school consultation including a health profile. Measurement of height and weight. Vision and hearing screening.
If your child has special needs
Please contact the School Nurse if complimentary agreements or meetings are needed.
You are always more than welcome to contact the school nurse via Aula or phone.