If you live in rental accommodation, you may be eligible for a rent subsidy. This is called housing benefit. To be eligible for rent subsidies, your home must have its own kitchen with proper drains


If you are eligible for housing benefit, the size of your benefit will, among other things, depend on:

  • The size of your home
  • The number of people in your household
  • Your income
  • Your rent 


Help and guidance

If you need help filling in the application form or if you would like to know more about housing benefit, please contact Citizens’ Services.



Please note that non EU/EEA students in Denmark cannot apply for or receive housing benefit. If you do apply, it may result in your residence permit being revoked.


For details on the requirements and how to apply, please contact Udbetaling Danmark at + 45 70 12 80 63