Report your change of address


Moving within Denmark

  • You must report your move to the municipality you are moving to.
  • You need a NemID to use the online service.

        Read more about NemID here (opens in a new window).

  • Remember to report electricity, water and district heating meter readings when moving.

Leaving Denmark

You must deregister from the national register if you move abroad. If you are moving abroad for less than six months, you can retain your registered address unless you rent out or lend your house or flat. If staying abroad for longer than six months, you must always deregister from the national register.