Unions and A-kasse in Denmark
Sign up for this free webinar to gain information on the Danish model, the role of Danish trade unions, the role of the a-kasser and what they can do for you.
Did you know that approximately 70% of the employees in Denmark are members of a trade union? Danish trade unions offer you, as an international professional, researcher or student, guidance on how to enter the Danish labour market and every other aspect of your job search and career development. They can also help you negotiate conditions and salary when you have a job.
And did you know that the 22 different a-kasser in Denmark have a total of 2.2 million members? A-kasser offer their members financial security if they loose their job, advice as to rules and regulations on receiving benefits and sparring with regards to your job search situation.
Guests speakers at this webinar will be:
- Consultant at Dansk Magisterforening Niels Glæsner on unions
- Chief consultant at Akademikernes A-kasse Karen Henningsen on a-kasser
You are very welcome to pose any question you may have during the event.
Who should join?
The webinar is open to all current and future international employees at companies in Aarhus and in Denmark in general.
After this webinar you will:
- Have a better insight into the dynamics of the Danish model
- Know the differences between a trade union and an a-kasse
- Find out about the consequences if you choose to be/ not to be a member of a union and an a-kasse
A link to access the webinar will be sent to you prior to the event.
Organized by: The City of Aarhus, International Community and Aarhus University International Club