Please see the stepguides on how to get your residence permit, CPR-number and NemID in the stepguides according to your citizenship. 

Especially for students at Aarhus University:

If you are a student at Aarhus University your EU residence document (EU/EEA-citizens) and your CPR-number will be issued at your school / university. Your international office will inform you of when and where to attend and what to bring.


After having received your CPR-number you will have to attend at Citizens' Services to get your NemID (online signature and logon solution).

Book an appointment to get you NemID here

You will find Citizens' Services at:

Hack Kampmanns Plads 2
8000 Aarhus C

Tax registration as a student:

Generally, if you move to Denmark to study, you do not need to register with the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen). However, if you are in Denmark for more than 365 days within a 2-year period, or if you start working while studying, you should contact the Danish Tax Agency on (+45) 72 22 28 92.