If you have a citizenship from a Nordic, EU/EEA or Switzerland, you do not need a work permit (or a residence permit) to work in Denmark. 

If you are a non-EU citizen you need a work permit before you start working.You can either submit your application at a Danish representation (an embassy or consulate) in your home country, or you can submit it online.

Find more information for work permits as a non-EU citizen at the website of The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI).

If you choose to reside in Denmark, please be aware that as:

  • a Nordic citizen you can register for a CPR-number after three months and must register after six months.
  • an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen you must apply for an EU residence certificate, if your stay is expected to exceed three months. You can also apply for a CPR-number if your stay exceeds three months, and must apply if it exceeds six months. 

You should also contact the Danish Tax Agency as your preconditions have changed. Call them on tel.:  (+45) 72 22 28 92.