If you are an EU/EEA citizen living in an EU/EEA country but working in Denmark, you are entitled to Danish health care such as hospital treatment, medical care, reimbursement of medical products and dental treatment etc.

You will need the Special health insurance card, which documents that you are entitled to public health care services without being a resident in Denmark. The card is issued by Udbetaling Danmark.

On the link below you will find more information and you can apply for the Special Health Insurance Card.

If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen, you are not entitled to Danish healthcare. Instead you must take up health insurance in your home country, which will cover the health care you may need while working in Denmark.